The Senior Executive Chef is responsible for directly supervising kitchen personnel. This role will supervisor and coordinate all related culinary activities.
• Train and lead kitchen personnel.
• Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food.
• Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
• Establish presentation technique and quality standards.
• Plan and price menus.
• Ensure accurate equipment operation/maintenance
• Ensure accurate safety and sanitation in kitchen.
• You may cook selected items, no more than 20% of the time.
• You may coordinate special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
• Directly supervises kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, mentoring, performance reviews and initiating pay increases.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• 8+ years of industry & culinary management experience
• Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• The ability to lead in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
• Previous experience with control food & labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development and pricing and development of culinary team preferred.
• P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at ~~~ or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.