Instrumentation Technician-Decatur, IL
Electrical/Instrumentation Technician- Decatur, IL
This is a full time, hourly position.
The Electrical/Instrumentation (E/I) Technician will be part of the Decatur Corn Plant Maintenance Team. The E/I technician will utilize developed skills to implement the assigned activities of the predictive, preventative, or planned maintenance programs designed to support the power, motor control, process control systems, or pneumatic systems of the plant. This employee is required to trouble-shoot and implement equipment repair activities. The E/I Technician is expected to communicate job status through the use of a maintenance management software system, through verbal communications, or through other written communications. The employee is expected to follow all plant safety and operating guidelines as well as all standards of electrical safety and maintenance practices.
• Good communication skills, conveying information both professionally and concisely
• Actively champion and promote all safety related policies and programs to ensure colleague engagement and commitment to the benefits of working safe.
• Perform as a team member while supporting the planned, preventative, and/or predictive maintenance activities that support the electrical and process control systems of the plant
• Perform as a team member or independently to trouble-shoot, diagnose, and propose and implement electrical power and control equipment as well as process control component repair solutions
• Utilize the functions of the maintenance management system to facilitate job plans and record maintenance activities on plant assets
• Communicate job status and support requirements with co-workers and management for effective use of time while completing the assigned maintenance tasks
• Basic knowledge of AC/DC circuit theory
• Basic knowledge of process sensors/transmitters
• Basic knowledge of electrical safety devices (breakers, fuses, etc.)
• Able to access all areas in the plant
• Sit or stand for long periods of time and bending, kneeling
• Work in confined spaces and work with height
• Must be able to wear and work in a SCBA and/or other respirators
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen/medical questionnaire and a background check.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran's status.
IL - Illinois
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We're a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We're blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We're a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We're an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we're a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at ~~~.