There's no denying it, it's still a tough job market out there. So many people are looking for new jobs or wondering how long their current job will last. Jobs titles are being consolidated, positions are being outsourced and some are even being eliminated completely. In today's climate, job security is hard to come by.
That is why so many people have started thinking about changing their career field and entering industries that have bright futures. If you have been looking for a recession-proof job in a new field, here are the top 5 fastest growing jobs, according to Nexxt's Quarterly Report
– This career field is growing fast. Of course, it depends on your specialty, but the BLS is predicting that clinical psychologist are looking at an 11 percent increase while those pursuing a career as an industrial-organizational psychologist are seeing a 26 percent growth. If you have your undergraduate degree and are interested in entering this field, you will need enroll in a 2 year Masters Degree program. If you have excellent communication skills and have been working in a field where you are responsible for helping people find solutions to their problems, like administration, this may be an job you would enjoy and be great at.
2. Certified Nursing Assistants
– The medical field is growing by leaps and bounds. The rapidly changing field of healthcare offers amazing job security. Both Medical Assistants, (below) and Certified Nursing Assistants are always in demand. To enter this field, you would need to have a High School Diploma and complete a Medical Training course. There are many programs available that allow you to work around your family or work schedule. If you are someone who loves to help others this might be the job for you.
3. Medical Assistants
– Medical assistants are always in demand. If you visit Healthcarejobsite.com
(the number one job board
for the Healthcare industry), you will see that there are many job openings in this field. With the large baby boomer generation getting older, there is a larger demand on physicians and medical staff. As the practices grow, they depend more heavily on their well-trained Medical Assistants. If your experience includes working with others in a support role, for example, working in Customer Service, this would be a job you may love.
– The education field has taken some hits in the past few years, but education is still a growing career path. In fact, if you look at EducationJobsite.com
, you'll see many openings for qualified teachers. Teaching offers flexibility, allows you to work during the hours that kids are in school and can be very rewarding. If you have a Bachelors degree, all you have to do is get a teaching certificate, enroll in a teacher training course or get a Graduate degree in Education. There are many programs that allow students to get their degree in Education while still working. So, if you enjoy working with children and love making a difference, Education might be the career for you.
5. Ultrasound Techs
– Again, it's no coincidence that so many of these top growing careers are in the Healthcare industry. Ultrasound Techs are trained to operate the ultrasound equipment and perform the test on patients. Ultrasounds are non-invasive, so this job is great for those who may be uncomfortable dealing with blood or other body fluids. This career is growing and requires a High School Diploma and completion of a training program. If you enjoy helping others and want a secure job that offers flexibility, this might be your dream job.
If you have been thinking about making a career change, why not now? There are so many college programs and training courses that you can fit into your schedule, there really is no reason not to. It might take a little bit of time and a whole lot of hard work, but finding a stable job that you love is priceless.
Become a member to take advantage of more features, like commenting and voting.
Register or sign in today!