Animal Control Officer
City of Eastpointe $41,147 - $50,490 Plus Benefits Package
Essential Job Functions
- Patrol the City of Eastpointe for stray animals; enforce local, state, and federal laws and ordinances concerning the care, treatment, selling, licensing and impounding of animals.
- Investigate animal bites and cruelty; conduct inspections; issue warrants, citations, and warnings; and reports daily activities.
- Impound animals; pick up and dispose of deceased animals.
- Educate the public about animal regulations and humane animal care.
- Prepare investigative reports that may be introduced as legal court evidence.
- Appear for scheduled court dates and testify regarding civil infractions, misdemeanors, and felony charges.
- Identify impounded animals and prepare daily impounding slips.
- Maintain logs and activity reports on a daily basis. Operate an assigned City vehicle to perform assigned duties.
- Perform inspections of kennels and submit kennel permits to the Public Safety Director for approval.
- Transport animals to the Macomb County Animal Control.